Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bunny Sunday

Our bunnies are beyond spoiled. In addition to daily greens (parsley, cilantro, spinach, basil, etc.) they get treats on a regular basis. They love fruit and will come running and begging for their favorites --strawberries, bananas and apples.

I shared a tangerine with them one day. It was hilarious! And messy...

Sandie looks a little surprised by the juicy, tangy treat... You know that sensation you get when you eat something sour...like your saliva glands are working overtime? This is what Digger looks like here...

Messy bunny close up -- tangerine juice overflow...
As much as these bunnies love treats, we really do only give them in moderation! Good bunny moms know "too much of a good thing" is not good at all...

10 comments:

Danielle Barlow said...

Your bunnies are just gorgeous! I wish I wasn't allergic to them and could keep them!

LuLo Designs/Blue Eyed Tango said...

So cute all those bunnies and the treats you give them. My father-in-law used to raised dwarfs and lops! Then he sold them to 4h KIDS!
Lu

Sarah Sullivan said...

LOL....love Bunny Sunday!!! We had a lop for years that would come running (house bunny) if you even brought an orange out of the fridge. He would sit very nicely and "request" a slice. Soooo cute!! We spoil ours too!! Sarah

Rural Rambler said...

I love your Bunny Sunday, can't say it enough! Digger is just too funny and a sweet bun too over his mouthful of tangerine!

No doubt that these bunnies have a good bunny Mom that knows what is good for them! Lucky little buns!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Their expressions are so funny. I wonder what they would look like if they had peanut butter stuck to the roofs of their mouths.

Teresa said...

What a face!!! How hilarious. I didn't know bunnies could eat fruit like that. Those bunnies are beautiful, almost perfect looking. adorable.

Christina said...

The grey kid looks just like our Shoebox at the rescue. He is a very sweet-natured senior citizen who has been overlooked by potential adopters for years. Not exciting enough I guess. I am glad to see yours in such a happy and safe home.

Phyllis said...

I never get tired of seeing the bunny pictures :)

Carolynn Anctil said...

That shot of the juice dribbling down his chin speaks volumes. What adorable, spoiled little dickens.

My little guy has some health issues right now, that I'm hoping won't develop into anything more serious. I'm watching him like a hawk because they're such stoic little fellows, it's hard to know when they're suffering.

I gave him a strawberry for the first time a few days ago and he gobbled that up before I could blink.

Desert Rose said...

The looks on their faces are hysterical!!! Imagine what they would do with a LEMON!!!