Monday, May 21, 2012

Abi's Zoo Bags

What is an Abi Zoo Bag, you ask?  Check this out:
This one happens to be mine and was a gift from my friend's 7 year old daughter, Abi, who upcycles unwanted t-shirts into super cool shopping bags.  Not only is this a great recycling idea, but Abi donates the proceeds from her bags to the animals at the Detroit Zoo!  A girl after my own heart...caring for the animals. 

I cleaned out my closet last week and sent her a few t-shirts to turn into bags.  She even does the sewing on these herself (under the careful supervision of her mom).  I love this girl!  Let's keep her supplied with all the t's she needs to continue to do good things for the animals.  If you'd like to send her some, please contact her mom at the number on her business card below.  She can tell you where to send them.
Keep up the great work Abi!  You are a true inspiration.

6 comments:

Dreaming said...

Too cool! And how neat that she is doing something for the zoo. My BFF lives just up the road a bit from the zoo.

Rose Mayer said...

Love the Zoo Bags! What a great idea. And, I love your Bunny Sundays and Rottie Weds. They always make me smile! Love ya! And thank you for everything you do for Equine Voices. Wishing you success on the Boutique at the ranch on May 31! Unfortunately, I can't make it personally, but my heart will be there.

Christina said...

What a fun and inventive idea. Great job Abi!

Teresa said...

I love this bag!!!! what an awesome idea...you go Abi!

Blackfeatherfarm said...

Sounds like a super young lady.....cute, cute bag.

Natascha said...

I posted a link on my FB I live near Detroit and if you see mt recent postings i just took my niece to the Detroit Zoo .