Monday, February 15, 2010

Auction Worthy?

The March fundraiser for Equine Voices is fast approaching. It is one of their big fundraisers for the year. They have a silent auction with all sorts of great donated items -- artwork, jewelry, hotel stays, restaurant gift certificates, etc. They also hold a Dessert Auction. Last year, I baked a Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese frosting that was bid on fast and furiously and went for over $100! This year, I'm looking to beat that amount with the following: Fudge Glazed Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter filling.

I did a trial run of this cake over the weekend. WHOA. Very moist, very rich and chocolately and peanut buttery. I think it's a winner!


This cake can easily feed 12 people. A small slice is all you need to satisfy your sweet tooth. I found the recipe on the King Arthur Flour website here. I actually doubled the cake portion of the recipe to make 2 full layers (rather than cut the layer in half as the recipe calls for).

I'm hoping this cake will raise a nice chunk of change to help the horses.

13 comments:

Gaina said...

Yep, that looks like a winner!

How does a 'silent auction' work? I've never understood that.

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Looks so good! Hope it earns lots of money for the rescue

Julie Harward said...

Oh wow...it looks so good! I will go look at this recipe..and good luck at the auction! Come say hi :D

Unknown said...

YUM! Looks good!
www.lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com

Judy said...

Yum,Yum! The cake looks delicious! What a wonderful donation for a great cause.

Christina said...

hmmm, I cant tell just by looking. I would have to eat at least half of the cake to be sure. I think you have my mailing address.

Anonymous said...

Yum! I'd pay big bucks for that!

Anonymous said...

My mouth is watering just thinking about it - what can be better than chocolate and peanut butter...I think you have a WINNER!

Mikey said...

That looks SOOOOO good!!

Shelly's Stuff said...

I think I put on 5 pounds just looking at that cake! Definitely auction worthy. I'm not sure if there is enough time, but I am going to contact Susan Via later today about donating an item for the silent auction. Hope the fundraiser is a HUGE success!

Anonymous said...

WHOA! Giddy up and go BA-BEE! Yummy and de-lish. Hubby seen it, and now I have to make it! LOL, thanks...

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

Shelly - awesome idea and thanks so much! I know they will appreciate one of your handcrafted creations so much for the silent auction. In fact, anyone else out there who'd like to donate something for this event (and a great cause) just follow the Equine Voices link and all the info for the fundraiser is on their website. Thanks!

Farmchick said...

Good luck with the auction...the cake looks yummy for sure!

Thanks for stopping by my blog...hope you will come back soon. :)