Wednesday, February 17, 2010

And Now the Fun Begins!

Piper's training has been going very well. She saddles up with no problems (other than reaching around to chew on the stirrups!) and she really looks like a big horse when she is under saddle. I remember when I first brought her home, she came up to my shoulder at the withers and I could easily put my arm around her neck. That's not happening anymore! And I have now officially had 2 rides on her in the round pen! The first day was last Sunday, Valentine's Day. She did great! All we did was walk around, stopping and starting. I did manage to get her to back up a few steps, too. I mainly wanted her to get used to walking around with my weight on her.
She was very calm and I'm happy to report --- so was I. All of the ground work and round pen work is really paying off with her. This was just the next step and she handled it in typical Piper fashion. No big deal. :)

I'm pretty proud of my little girl!

18 comments:

Maria said...

How fun and exciting, she is really a beautiful girl.

Julie Harward said...

She is a beautiful horse. That ground work is so vital, it really makes it so much easier on you and them. Come say hi :D

Anonymous said...

I agree, she is a beautiful girl. And I like her attitude... I CAN!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Good girl!!!!!

Gaina said...

She's looking lovely :)

Mandy Saile said...

Yaayyyyyyyy:D

gtyyup said...

LOL...you couldn't be smilin' any bigger! Piper's coming along great...yes, the fun's about to really start!

cdncowgirl said...

She sure is growing up into a nice horse... mentally as well as her looks! :)

Gail said...

Looking good and every thing is falling into place...perfect.

The Urban Cowboy said...

Glad to hear the sessions are going well.

Desert Rose said...

Piper has gotten so big!!! She reminds me of Little Lady

Rural Rambler said...

She looks GOOD Bridget! I love a bay horse. You should be proud, your doing it right!!! I can see more Piper posts in the future :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love your blog, I found you through another. Love your jewlery too!

Rachel said...

Hi, I just stumbled upon your blog by a freind, and how cute it is!!
Your welcome to come by mine anytime!! Look forward to following yours!

Christina said...

Piper what a good girl you are and so gorgeous.

Mikey said...

OH my goodness! Good for you! You're right, it was time to start, and you both look great!! *applause*

Anonymous said...

Great photos (Lee), she is really beautiful Bridge. I know you are a proud Mama, you should be, you worked very hard.

SEND CAKE!

jane augenstein said...

Piper is such a beautiful girl; Gilly would be in love if he saw her!
She's doing great, you should be proud of yourself and her!!! Yippee!