Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cowboy's Sweetheart - The Art of Deb Trotter

I first came across Deb Trotter's wonderful blog and website shortly after I started up my own blog, by googling "cowgirl blog". I wanted to see what other cowgirls out there were doing and blogging about. Wow, I was immediately taken in by Deb's art. She creates mixed-media masterpieces with a nostalgic western flair and more times than not, a good dose of humor.

In addition to original paintings and drawings, her art includes a line of jewelry and handbags.
Speaking of handbags, I LOVE this one! (anyone looking to buy me a Christmas gift would do well with this!)
How cool is this cowgirl with her little filly? (kind of reminds me of me...with Piper) These bags are all originals, with rich fabrics and fringe and have a funky cowgirl style all their own! You can find this bag, as well as many others, in Deb's Etsy store.

Along with her Etsy shop and her own website, Deb's art can be purchased through CafePress.
You can get her artwork on everything from coffee mugs to greeting cards, tote bags, calendars and journals.

Deb compares her approach to her Art the way a Cowgirl approaches her life. With passion. It's what she calls, "thinking like a Cowgirl." I share that philosophy with her. You don't have to wear a hat and boots and ride a horse to have the cowgirl spirit!

Deb's creations have been featured in many art magazines and exhibited in various galleries and art shows nationally and internationally. She also teaches at art retreats around the country.
I could go on and on, but even if I did, I would never be able to do justice to Deb's art. You really should treat yourself and go check out her Cowboy's Sweetheart blog and website. I bet you will find something to bring out your inner cowgirl.

Yee Ha Cowgirl!!

6 comments:

ARTISANNE DESIGN said...

That bag is soooo cool, would definitely appreciate finding that in my stocking! :0)

Teresa said...

I love Deb's art, too. I love the whole nostalgia thing. I will have to check out Cafe Press. I've been there before but never knew.....You've definitely made a connection with another one of America's true cowgirls!

Etsy Green and Clean Guild said...

LOVE the handbag! I'm bookmarking the seller.

Blackfeatherfarm said...

She's already on my blog list, and I found her new items on Etsy just this week. Love her stuff, and I know she appreciates your nice post about her.

Deb said...

Hey, cowgirl!

Yee Ha! Thank you so much for the enthusiastic shout out - what a nice compliment your post is!

It is definitely a mutual admiration society. You know I love you & your work.

XO

Deb

Rocki Adams said...

not sure if my first comment took, so just in case...

I'm blown away by Deb's creative & talented shop - I love the handbags!