Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cheyenne Cowgirls

I found this unfinished wooden tray (bread board?) at a thrift store awhile back and bought it figuring I would think of something fun to make with it. Then I came across this vintage picture of a group of old time cowgirls...the bottom of the picture says "Cowgirls, Rodeo, Cheyenne, Wyo."
Cowgirls back in the days of this picture had some real guts!

(Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo is touted as "The Daddy of 'Em All" and is held each year in July).

I stained the tray, then decoupaged (yep, good 'ole Mod Podge) the picture to the tray and finished with a clear sealant. I really like how it turned out.
I think the cowgirl in the middle is me from a previous life...

2 comments:

Rocki Adams said...

Well I'll be darned! That IS you inh the middle ;)

What a cool idea, in fact I have several wood pieces around here (I love wood!) so this just lit my fire. Oh and wow, do I ever remember the deoupage days! And macrame hangings and... okay I'll stop :)

Teresa said...

I love it, It does in fact resemble you--how 'bout that? Love those walls, too--you know me.

I noticed you're getting a lot of Illinoisans on your feed. I think we're all gearing up for the "Big Chill". Gotta get a touch of Arizona.