Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Piper's first experience under saddle...

Alternate title: GET THIS THING OFF ME! These pictures were taken back in March, the very first time Piper had a saddle on her. She just didn't know WHAT to do and instead of throwing a fit like some young horses would do, she simply laid down. Pitiful!
We've come a long way since then. And I'm happy to report that last Saturday I threw a leg over her for the first time and sat in the saddle! She didn't throw a fit, try to lay down or buck me off. I was very proud of her. We're taking baby steps and things are progressing very well.
A quick reminder - Piper will be drawing the winning raffle ticket for the Cowgirl Cuff in 5 day days, on September 14th. All proceeds will go directly to Equine Voices to help the horses. If you have already purchased tickets, thank you so much! If you haven't and would like to do so, please click on the link on the left sidebar. Good luck to everyone!

13 comments:

2horseygirls said...

What a girl - so mellow.

And I LOOOOVE those bunnies!

Many compliments today on the gorgeous earrings & double copper heart bracelet - you were right about the sizing - thanks again! :)

Danielle Barlow said...

That is just soo funny!

Anonymous said...

What a cute reaction...he is a beauty.

Judy said...

She is a love!

Gaina said...

You know she was just trying to make you laugh, don't you? :D

Christina said...

LOl, I love it. Reminds me of a kid who just collapses on the floor suddenly becoming boneless when they dont want to do something.

The winner of the raffle is going to be me, me, me. Pick me Piper!

Rural Rambler said...

Bridget I am so sorry but I find this so funny that I have a face wet with tears but at the same time my heart(I know you get this)is just bursting knowing that Piper loves and respects you so much that hitting the ground with the saddle was her only option. She just couldn't be a naughty little filly so she just put her little bay body down.

Baby steps are good, hay you aren't in any hurry and Piper will only benefit from that. Follow your heart Bridget(I know you will)and you will have an honest wonderful bay mare for a lifetime!

Paint Girl said...

That is so silly. I guess laying down is better than bucking! Well, maybe not for the saddle!
She is so pretty!

Five O'Clock Somewhere said...

Congratulations on getting on Piper! How exciting. Those pictures are hysterical. So funny that she laid down!

Anonymous said...

Ooohh....that broke my heart. Piper is so sweet. Look how she's looking at you the whole time while she does her best to figure out how to deal with that thing on her back. What a gentle girl. I think I may be a little bit in love.

Desert Rose said...

I think that she is very wise because she did not panic here as a baby, but choose instead the calm approach. She is going to be a terrific trail horse!!!

Phyllis said...

Oh my gosh - that is hysterical!!!

gtyyup said...

If this is a duplicate...sorry...

I must have missed those pics from spring...just too funny!! Piper is such a clown...better than bucking though!

Congrats on that first leg over!! Now it's just one step at a time...way to go!