In my travels through blogland, I came across a book I have to read: Cowgirl Smarts: How to rope a kick-ass life - Life Lessons from Cowgirls who Settled the West, by Ellen Reid Smith.
Now, I love my life as it is, but it's always good to read things that will confirm that. And I'm always open to things that can make life better. And of course, cowgirl knowledge is good stuff!
Below are a few Cowgirl Smart lessons from the book:
1. Sometimes you have to buck the norms to pursue your dreams
2. Adventure and Excitement Beat Housework
3. Be tough, but revel in your femininity
4. When life throws you to the ground, get back on the horse
5. Don’t let others belittle your achievements
6. Accept the nature of things
7. Work hard and look after other cowpokes
8. Never steal another cowgirl’s horse or thunder
9. Attack life like it’s a 1000 pound steer
10. Act on your beliefs rather than protesting for them
11. Use common sense, if you don’t, the cattle will knock it into you
12. Let the land rejuvenate your soul
13. Walk beside your pardner, not in front
14. When cow poking doesn’t pay, be resourceful
15. Embrace urban cowgirls
Check out the Cowgirl Smarts website, were you can read a sample of the book and find out where to order it. Everyone needs a good dose of cowgirl wisdom!